Do you have experience as a Project Engineer? Do you love Project Management? If, on top of that, you are a decisive person who understands teamwork as key for achieving success in your projects, keep on reading, this may be interesting for you!
Our client, a multinational company leader in its sector is looking for a Project Engineer, based in Barcelona.
As a Senior Project Engineer you will have the following objectives:
- Develop, execute and/or manage engineering projects at the site to meet the proper efficiency, time, scope, budget, quality, and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Provide input for process modifications and/or modifications of existing operation and develop business cases as appropriate.
- Deliver the site capex investment plan in accordance with agreed site priorities (profit improvement projects)
- Identify opportunities and make suggestions for improvement in production process
- Lead/Participate on Hazard Studies reviews and for new developments
- Is a reference for the team members in terms of expertise and experience supporting SRE development
- Play backup role for Site Responsible Engineer
- Define, prepare, lead and execute projects, in line with business needs and project management methods and techniques, in order to deliver projects according to objectives
- Conduct the conceptual design, development, cost estimation and optimization and modification of existing production processes in accordance with HSE and operations guidelines. (Asset Integrity Guideline’s and local regulatory requirements)
- Continually engage with the site operating team at all levels to develop an understanding of the site improvement needs and opportunities.
- Contribute to the site investment plan to ensure the manufacturing capacity is safe, reliable and sufficient based on expected demand.
- Is responsible for safe delivery of projects through correct management of contractors and third parties.
- Leads/Participates on Hazard Studies reviews and for new developments.
- Ensures Functional excellence in local codes/standards, permitting, project management and construction management and contractor control
- Executes applicablel policies, guidelines, processes, methodologies, working methods and systems
- Drives knowledge management (sharing, maintaining, updating information and best practices) both internal and external to the site.
- Effectively engages with key site stakeholders (and other levels) to manage expectations on site (handover, training)
- Develops strong relationships at site level and with local and national service suppliers
- Build and maintain a network within within HSE, ISC and CAPEX procurement
- HSE principles
- Analytical capacity (Production processes, budget management)
- Paints & Coatings quality concepts
- Planning and management of Projects
- Leadership (negotiation and decision making)
- Customer focus
For succeeding in this position, you will need the experience and expertise in:
- 2 to 5 years of experience as Project Engineer
- University degree: desirable Master in Chemistry, Engineering or Project management
- Fluent in writing and speaking English
If you tick all the boxes above, plus you are a collaborative and decisive person, have a problem-solving attitude, and have high ethical values, we would love to meet you!